With a stately cutaway or a tailcoat, you can set a festive highlight on the probably most beautiful day of your life. But even simpler suit variants look very elegant in combination with suit vests made of eye-catching silk products.
A charming expression, almost a symbolic commitment, is generated by wearing a suit vest made of the wedding dress silk taffeta. These glamorous suit vests also look stylish with longer frock coats with or without a stand-up collar. A plastron, dickey or necktie can be combined with a matching pocket square – also made of the same taffeta or silk material.
Features and variants of a black-tie style suit for this festive occasion:
- Jacket top and trousers (usually) made from black barathea
- Tailored, tuxedo or patricide-collar shirt as well as plastron, dickey or bow tie (or necktie) matched in colour with the wedding dress
- Tailcoat short in front to the waist, with the two characteristic swallowtails in the back
- “Modern” smoking jacket or tuxedo
- Tuxedo with cummerbund or combined with tuxedo vest
- Side seams of the trousers with satin silk piping
- Lapels panelled with the same satin (mostly black silk satin)
- Cutaway jacket top made of gray barathea and typical trousers in Stresemann look
Can also be worn with:
- Classic tweed shirt, though mostly a simpler festive shirt with a concealed button placket (patricide or Kent collar) in white or ecrue, bow tie and pocket square matched in colour with the entire ensemble
Features and variations of a simpler suit style – ennobled by a suit vest and festive accessories
- Suit vest made of eye-catching silk products
- Suit vest made of silk taffeta of the wedding dress
- Plastron, dickey or necktie with a matching pocket square – also made of the same taffeta or silk fabric
We look forward to seeing you!
Experience the quality of our products at first hand in our locations in Hamburg, Munich or Toulouse.